SuperKuddlor

Comforter

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1267 posts
  • Species:Zemlian Foxcat
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 31 December 2015 - 11:41 PM

2016 is the Holy Year of Mercy. We've been trying to purify the fandom, trying to meet together, trying to use our talents for a living, trying to be good. God has responded with the new year where we can be more pure, work on projects with His inspiration and get together not just in the future, but now through the prayer for Divine Mercy.

This is the Chaplet of Divine Mercy. We shall pray it every day with our hearts. You're all welcome to pray with me on Skype via voice. I would love it very much.

I couldn't find a site that allows copying and pasting of the Chaplet so I will link to it: http://www.thedivine...ythechaplet.php

#2 Cobalt-Lukather

Cobalt-Lukather

• Christians†
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Species:Wolfmutt!

Posted 05 January 2016 - 11:39 PM

i could argue against parts of the chaplet, such as Mary, who was a woman of faith with a special role, but no more, and is not a diety as the Catholic Church upholds her as, and other parts of it, but that's another topic for another time.

however, prayer and devotion to God is very good and we should pray often and in ways that we can come close to him.

#3 Nathan of the Little Paws

Nathan of the Little Paws

Delicious Snack

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts
  • Species:Mousey-thing

Posted 08 January 2016 - 02:08 AM

and is not a diety as the Catholic Church upholds her as

Except that it doesn't.

• SuperKuddlor likes this

sQAreEX.gif

Ba-weep granah wheep minibon. Wubba lubba dub dub.

#4 Cobalt-Lukather

Cobalt-Lukather

• Christians†
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Species:Wolfmutt!

Posted 08 January 2016 - 07:43 PM

Except that it doesn't.

ah?

My mom was a catholic for years before she left in her mid 20's. I'm not sure how Catholicism is taught in other places, but in Puerto Rico and Brookyln, New York where she was raised in the 60's and 70's, Catholicism had emphasized Mary enough to tell her that you could pray to her and she could send your prayers to Jesus. She was also said to be sinless, and that she could save you if you were good enough, and including her in your prayers somehow made your prayers stronger.

I'm not going to condemn the catholic church or say that all Catholics teach this, but this is what my mother in those places at that time, and members from her side of the family (that haven't left the church altogether) believe this as well. i mean no offense to anyone but this is just what she told me.

#5 Blackstone

Blackstone

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts
  • Species:undecided

Posted 09 January 2016 - 04:14 AM

Except that it doesn't.

No she is right, iv learned this from my moms best friend who was also like a mom to me , was catholic.

Maybe not in all sects of Catholicism but of a very common number, especially in the Hispanic catholic churches that iv personally been to and stayed a bit.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

Edited by Blackstone, 09 January 2016 - 04:16 AM.

#6 SuperKuddlor

SuperKuddlor

Comforter

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1267 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 09 January 2016 - 02:56 PM

We Croatian Catholics don't worship Mary, but only to Father and Jesus. Maybe the Holy Spirit too, but I cannot recall. Get to chat with me and I'll explain. On the phone, it's hard to type.

#7 SuperKuddlor

SuperKuddlor

Comforter

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1267 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 09 January 2016 - 02:58 PM

We Croatian Catholics don't worship Mary, but only to Father and Jesus. Maybe the Holy Spirit too, but I cannot recall. Get to chat with me and I'll explain. On the phone, it's hard to type.

#8 Nathan of the Little Paws

Nathan of the Little Paws

Delicious Snack

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 328 posts
  • Species:Mousey-thing

Posted 14 January 2016 - 07:42 PM

ah?

No she is right, iv learned this from my moms best friend who was also like a mom to me , was catholic.

Worshiping Mary is a heresy. Anyone who tells you Catholics worship Mary is either mistaken about the nature of Catholic prayers or is a liar. Anyone who says so while claiming to be Catholic is a heretic.

sQAreEX.gif

Ba-weep granah wheep minibon. Wubba lubba dub dub.

#9 Blackstone

Blackstone

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts
  • Species:undecided

Posted 14 January 2016 - 08:05 PM

Worshiping Mary is a heresy. Anyone who tells you Catholics worship Mary is either mistaken about the nature of Catholic prayers or is a liar. Anyone who says so while claiming to be Catholic is a heretic.

Agreed worshiping Marry is not biblical but it is done Nathan. Like i said not all catholics do but it is a thing. But matters not.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

#10 SuperKuddlor

SuperKuddlor

Comforter

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1267 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 15 January 2016 - 01:32 AM

Unfortunately, people even think that the day that we call Mala Gospa or another one that we call Velika Gospa, is the biggest holy day while that's a lie. That's mostly told by old people who have no brain remaining to reason correctly. The real biggest holy day is Easter when Jesus has ascended to heaven and saved us all!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users