Spirit Bear

The Blunt Bear

• Retired
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Species:Bear
  • LocationMichigan!

Posted 31 December 2015 - 05:54 AM

“Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.”

Corinthians 13: 4-7

Got patience? It’s hard. Envy? Yeah, that’s hard to not do. Arrogant, such as just expecting your partner to love you? Hah hah, good luck in a successful relationship, then. Do you resent anything about your partner, or find your partner to irritate you? Do you irritate your partner? Uh-oh. Do you point out when s/he fails, does something wrong-- do you bring up when s/he hurts you? You’re foolish to do so. The Guilt Card gets your partner gone in the end. I’ve seen it too many times.

Instead, why not celebrate each other, God, successes in even the little things? Why not be exuberant in your love and see joy and happiness flourish? Be honest, and work through your problems-- no relationship, no partner, will be perfect. Love blinds you, but you can see through many things if you be observant; and as for observant, never stop learning about your partner.

Be ready for anything, and let trial and hurt bring you together and make you stronger. Love trusts, and so you should trust that your partner will not lie; for s/he won’t if s/he truly loves you and follows this as well. And through it all, it will never stop growing, never stop being full of new joys with each day.

But it is work. Again: Always keep learning about your partner, and don’t give up-- love won’t give up. God is love, and He never gave up.

Have I not commanded thee? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

Joshua chapter 1, verse 9.

#2 Nathan of the Little Paws

Nathan of the Little Paws

Delicious Snack

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  • Species:Mousey-thing

Posted 31 December 2015 - 09:37 AM

Got patience?

In abundance.

Envy?

*shrugs* Not that I'm aware of.

Why not be exuberant in your love and see joy and happiness flourish?

Tried that. Both of them still abandoned me.

Love trusts, and so you should trust that your partner will not lie; for s/he won’t if s/he truly loves you and follows this as well.

This, my trusting nature, is what has hurt me in relationships more than anything else.

Always keep learning about your partner, and don’t give up-- love won’t give up.

Maybe someday I'll find a woman who is willing to put effort into a relationship and stick with me, but probably not. I'm on the verge of giving up on the notion of getting a mate entirely.

• Cobalt-Lukather likes this

sQAreEX.gif

Ba-weep granah wheep minibon. Wubba lubba dub dub.

#3 Spirit Bear

Spirit Bear

The Blunt Bear

• Retired
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Species:Bear
  • LocationMichigan!

Posted 01 January 2016 - 01:43 AM

I was in a relationship for 1.5 years. Cheated on, left 6 times, I gave up too till a couple months ago. I had given up early this year. 

Most partners, to be candid, are crap. But no one is perfect. It's no excuse, of course, for what they'll do to you. But treat everything as a learning-experience even though you may be brought to your knees screaming out for God to save you when no one seems to come or care. 

We're just being shaped, and by holding onto hope we have something to be built up with. Without hope, we have nothing. But we have God, and He is hope.

An old journal-entry of mine says something like this:

Even after a fire rips through a forest and incinerates everything, leaving what seems like nothing left, what is left is fertile ground for new growth. Certain species of plants will not see their seeds begin to grow until a fire occurs. And fire turns life into ash, but in the ash is the fertile foundation for new life.

With all this, the waste becomes life for a bigger, better, stronger forest to flourish in abundance. And our lives are just like forests.

BTW, I was feeling anger when I wrote this Bible reading. So forgive me if it seems somewhat vicious.

Edited by Spirit Bear, 01 January 2016 - 01:44 AM.

Have I not commanded thee? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

Joshua chapter 1, verse 9.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Love, Relationship, Relationships, Truth, Happiness, Peace, Joy, Growth

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users