Christian Furs - Christian Furry Community
Spirit Bear

12/16/15: Anger (part 1.)

Today we'll mention anger, for it's something most of us feel. I myself had anger issues at one point. It's controlled now, for one can control his angry side with willingness, help, patience, and time.

"Refrain from anger, and forsake from wrath! Fret not yourself; it tends only to evil."

Psalm chapter 37, verse 8.

This psalm is asking us to not let our anger blow up. When we get angry and lose control of it, we tend to do things that are not Christ-like. And being Christian... well, we're supposed to be Christ-like.

Of course, even Christ got angry. Yet his anger was the righteous kind, one geared at immorality and other sinfulness of those in, for example, God's temple. 

I'll likely cover that later.

"For the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God."

James chapter 1, verse 20.

This verse seems to contradict what I had above said. One could make that argument, but my argument is this: How often do you act in anger to do that which is good, and therefore of God? 

If you get really angry-- dare I say violently pissed-- you may become violent. Is that of God, God being Love? 

Love is slow to anger. The Bible says so (another topic to cover later.) 

Remember back to when you had an anger that sought to purify something for good, not to destroy and damn. Was there a time? Or was your anger self-interested and self-consuming on a violent rampage to blow up and lash out? 

We all can get angry. But what will you do when you get angry?

Will you try to quash it and feel it bubble beneath as a raging inferno seeking freedom?

Will it be uncontainable and explode, it's evil-doing shrapnel piercing all those around you?

Will you pray in your beating heart so that God may take control and lower your blood pressure, and thus your intensity, to become calm?

Will you just let it go, take a breath, and walk away? Turn the other cheek, even?

What will you do next time you get angry?

Thanks, I needed this. I keep getting so angry... I don't want to let go because I think I'll lose my track and mostly I do. It's a lose-lose for me. The better solution is to get away from anger.

I've been angry lately. The next time I get angry I probably won't have a laptop though. I'm surprised it even works after what I just done to it like an hour ago.

I just prayed for you, but you must also pray (got anyone else to talk to about it?)

Some lyrics to a song fit here: "You know it's all the same. Just walk away."

Indeed, walk away from wherever it is you're getting angry.

Laptops are costly. *Accidentally bashed mine into my bunk-bed last night. LOL.*