Christian Furs - Christian Furry Community

"I tell you, on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak, for by your words they will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned."

Matthew chapter 12, verses 36-37.

A good warning to you: What you say will echo into eternity. 

---

So remember: "The words of the reckless pierce like a sword, but the tongue of the wise brings healing."

Proverbs chapter 12, verse 18.

Which are you? It's common to be both.

What if you never truly repent? My problem is saying sorry-- why should I say sorry when I'm not sorry, and I can justify my own actions/words/non-action?

Or, as is usual, what if you continue to do the sin? Why should it be alright if you are sorry, but you keep doing it anyway? Like if I kicked puppies. I may be very sorry, but my temper got the best of me then and now (no, I don't kick puppies. This is an example.) Is it alright because I repent? 

Repentance isn't complete without taking action to overcome your sinful side. 

I believe that if you say something cruel, and they respond negatively, they're justified in their response because you set them off. Like if I called you a jerk, and you called me an a**hole, I think you had right to call me that because you're not being a jerk but I said you were; now if you responded like a good Christian, and calmly said, "Why am I a jerk? What did I do?" then you help diffuse the situation and please God. 

Now if you decked (punched) me for it.... That's questionable. LOL.

The thing is that I repent almost for everything and I'm so scared that I repent like I won't be saved. But that's an extreme. In some cases, I might be justifying myself, but after a few minutes, I simply break down and repent and really can't take it.

Actually, repentance is if I want to be good, but cannot be good. I remember during my mental explosions that I'd try to say something and my tongue would go like out of control and I'd say I'm sorry, but won't be able to control. It's those intrusive thoughts. What do you have to say to that? Btw, those aren't really happy times where this "Oh I repent and that's final. Hehe" can work because it's really hurtful and I feel the pain in myself and in others during those hard times.

Hold on hold on! What if I'M set off??? What if someone swore God's name and I yelled at them because I didn't want them to make me feel sad by spitting at my Lord? This really happened. Also, sometimes non-verbal communications would set each other off and we'd be fighting for no reason. It's really horrible and I know that I must be with rage because otherwise I'll break into tears and look like a pussy and that's not manly and "no girl will like me". It's been buried deep into my brain to have this overactive justincaseish self-defense. I battle it, but it takes over me sometimes that I literally just at one moment feel sooooo sad like with a big itch! And to scratch that itch, I have to swear or punch, but it's sooooo seducing! It's like trying to not masturbate while the "kittymaker" really itches to such extent that I feel so depressed. That's also very adrenalinefull that I can't control myself or reach for my moral settings and I become someone else.

What about that?

I used to repent for everything to the extent that, when I was younger, I thought every sin made me unchristian.

I know breakdowns all too well. A couple days ago I walked into the kitchen and fell to one knee to begin one. I go through them very often, even driving down the highway will see me begin to bawl.

You can repent and not want to change. Let's say I get addicted to a violent game (I don't game.) I can repent if it's leading me to sin, but I still want to play it.

The final repentance is when we are finally made right when we're dead and thus reborn.

What if they have a right, as they have a legal right to. And God gives the law that legal right, for He granted law and order under a government:

"Let every person be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore, whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment."

Romans chapter 13, verses 1 and 2.

Essentially, you have no right with authority if it is within the law. And if you're gonna argue about corrupt laws, go to those who made and enforce the laws, not me. It's foolish, and yes I intentionally use that word, to just speak for the sake of arguing.

Dude, I cannot believe you just said that naughty word here. I laughed-- I never thought it'd pop up here among "proper-acting folk."

But, to go with what you're saying, Proverbs 21:23 says, "Whoever keeps his mouth and his tongue keeps himself out of trouble."

Itch makes scratch, and scratch makes itch.

And I cannot believe this delved into masturbation. 

BTW, Zvoc, I think you just want to argue and counter everything I say. :)

"Show yourself in all respects to be a model of good works..."

Titus, chapter 2, verse 7.

No law has higher priority than what God says. And the Catholic Church believes that once the government loses authority and deviates from God, it's no longer to be abided. "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law." Galatians 5:22-23. If these guys are trying to destroy my peace and joy and self-control, they cannot. Even if there was a "law", it's nullified by this.

And what if I cannot go to those who made the laws? I cannot and shall not obey any corrupt laws as long as I live and I promise that! I'd rather be excommunicated from all "churches" than burn in Hell for abiding corrupt laws.

I actually don't counter your sayings, but I just keep hearing the anti-Catholic doomship and it drives me crazy.

Zvoc, you know I do not believe in any institution of man. Catholic is a denomination, something created by men for men. Men can be wrong. The Bible cannot. I go to a Covenant Church for that reason, and even then they occasionally say something that I can counter with the Bible.

Also, Zvoc, you bring up a great point with "forbearance," "peace," and "joy." Look at our other discussion, one you got very angry with and even called me a liar in your misunderstanding. 

So you're kind of breaking down what you said.

If only you'd stop telling me Catholic beliefs and tell me those from the Bible. You're getting better with that, though, for you gave me a Bible verse this time. So thank you.

"Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth," He is speaking to God here in John 17:17.

Edited by Spirit Bear

I'm not breaking down what I said. I'm being faulty and not being able to control myself. Your words (probably non intentionally) threw me out of my peace. If any Bible verse, any law, anything is against my peace, I shall not accept it. I've made a deal with God that I shall not accept anything that I don't receive with or see with love. The only bad thing I did was that I tried to deal with this myself instead of letting God handle it. I'm prideful there and I confess that. And I repent for that.

I believe only in the Catholic works that are inspired by the Holy Spirit. I can sense which ones are good and which ones are bad. I can feel them with my soul. Whatever tries to defy my perception of that makes me very sensitive as it attacks my moral settings.

Also, I took the Bible verses from some Catholic defense websites.

Oh look, we finally got you to your one-thousandth post.

The Bible is the sole truth. Regardless of what you want or think, it tops that and anything else from the mind of man. God gave it to you, knowing you won't like all of it, because He knows best and loves you enough to set you up with something that came from Him-- it's for you to connect better with Him and understand what He desires for you. Its remained solid for nearly 2,000 years. It will remain into eternity.

I believe in God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit, and The Bible.

But the verse is still of the Bible. Unless it has been changed? I could defend Islam with verses from the Bible, and I could defend Christianity with verses from the Qu'ran. No, I'm not gonna start doing that either. It's merely an example. 

I'm also assuming that 99% of Catholics know a Bible verse or 50. 

Now, let's end these arguments for good. We can both think tonight on all of our words said today.

Just one last thing. I do read my Bible. I just don't like reading one Bible verse without another. I think that reading the Bible partially is counter productive. I've shown that in the other topic as an example. There is proof of sin gradation, but let's leave that for tomorrow.

Reading the Bible is important. It lets us learn about God and what we have taken part of and should follow.

Taking a verse out of context is bad.

I touched on how I've always taken Jeremiah 29:11 out of context most of my life (either on this forum or Furs For Christ.) Essentially, it says that God has plans to make us prosper and have hope for a good future on Earth. But that's not true. It's a promise for the exiled nation of Israel as is seen in the surrounding passage. But almost all of us have taken it out of context to try and apply it to ourselves. But the Bible also warns us of trial and suffering on Earth, that the flesh may even perish. It looked to contradict, but only if we looked at the verses alone and not the surrounding text. 

As for tomorrow, I'm going to stop posting in this piece. I'm going to post a new Bible verse and let these arguments sink underneath a new Bible verse every day until these are too far down to be easily found. 

I suggest that this doesn't happen again.