Christian Furs - Christian Furry Community
NarnianKnight

Nintendo Direct 11.12.15.2pm.PT (Pokemon Yellow rereleased)

Four Swords Adventures is not downloadable on DSi anymore, and they're likely replacing the restore points with link cable features on the "restore point" menu, they also do not have restore points on N64 or Wii Virtual console, so I don't see why you'd be surprized that they'd remove the feature from Red/Blue/Yellow to prevent cheating by duplicating their Pokemon

Four Swords Adventures was a Gamecube game completely different to the DSi we are refering to and I know it 's not on the store anymore because it was a limited time release.

Because no virtual console games on the Wii have restore points and all 3DS virtual console games do. They didn't introduce restore points for virtual console titles till the 3DS came out and they don't care about people cheating on generation 1 games and they're not going to change the emulator just to prevent that. You fail to understand how their emulator they use for virtual console works. Each virtual console title that you download is an emulator with a rom file inside. It's essentially a wrapper for a rom. Assuming they would remove the restore point feature present in all other gameboy virtual console titles is nonsense.

There most likely wont be a link cable option in the virtual console menu for the pokemon games. What they're going to do is use the 3DS's native player search function and connecting to the link cable center will make some sort of menu pop up to select a local player.

I'd be surprised they would remove it because that's more effort then just putting the rom onto the emulator and putting on the store like they could have anytime they wanted to.

Four Swords Adventures was a Gamecube game completely different to the DSi we are refering to and I know it 's not on the store anymore because it was a limited time release.

Because no virtual console games on the Wii have restore points and all 3DS virtual console games do. They didn't introduce restore points for virtual console titles till the 3DS came out.

um... I've played Super Mario World on the Wii VC as well as Sonic the hedgehog 2, they BOTH allow you to continue the game where you left off last even after shutting down the power and playing another game.

N64 VIRTUAL CONSOLE ON Wii U STILL DOESN'T HAVE RESTORE POINTS, (they replaced it with a custom controls menu) neither does Wii or DS Virtual Console on Wii U, and by that, I mean Wii and DS games downloadable from the Wii U Nintendo eShop

In fact some of the N64 games will show the Nintendo 64 logo when pused via the home menu, as they reload the game right where you last paused it and keep you from getting a corrupted savefile

Edited by NarnianKnight

um... I've played Super Mario World on the Wii VC as well as Sonic the hedgehog 2, they BOTH allow you to continue the game where you left off last even after shutting down the power and playing another game.

N64 VIRTUAL CONSOLE ON Wii U STILL DOESN'T HAVE RESTORE POINTS, (they replaced it with a custom controls menu) neither does Wii or DS Virtual Console on Wii U, and by that, I mean Wii and DS games downloadable from the Wii U Nintendo eShop

In fact some of the N64 games will show the Nintendo 64 logo when pused via the home menu, as they reload the game right where you last paused it and keep you from getting a corrupted savefile

That really isn't the same as having a restore point. A restore point/quick save implies that it can be manually invoked and reloaded at any time. It also has nothing to do with corrupting the save file as the save files are stored separate then what's saved in the pause menu. What restore points and quick saves do is copy the data that's loaded into the ram and save it to a file. When loaded it reloads the ram exactly as it was. In some consoles being emulated this could cause and issue for some games which. N64 is something that's always had a hard time being emulated so it makes somewhat sense that they would exclude certain features that other emulated console have. Even emulators on PC for N64 had really slow development and were pretty garbage up until a year or so ago.

We can go on and on but the simple fact is that they are all being emulated and are not ports. If you would take the time to look into it you would know this. Also believing that they would remove that function from the 3DS just for the Pokemon games is ridiculous and is a different scenario then N64 emulators not having the same function. Something else you have to recognize is that they use a different emulator for each console that they're emulating. If there were already Gameboy games on virtual console on the 3D that lacked this function then you would have a base for an argument about the possibility of it being removed for those games specifically.

We got really off track from the point I was trying to make.

That really isn't the same as having a restore point. A restore point/quick save implies that it can be manually invoked and reloaded at any time. It also has nothing to do with corrupting the save file as the save files are stored separate then what's saved in the pause menu. What restore points and quick saves do is copy the data that's loaded into the ram and save it to a file. When loaded it reloads the ram exactly as it was. In some consoles being emulated this could cause and issue for some games which. N64 is something that's always had a hard time being emulated so it makes somewhat sense that they would exclude certain features that other emulated console have. Even emulators on PC for N64 had really slow development and were pretty garbage up until a year or so ago.

We can go on and on but the simple fact is that they are all being emulated and are not ports. If you would take the time to look into it you would know this. Also believing that they would remove that function from the 3DS just for the Pokemon games is ridiculous and is a different scenario then N64 emulators not having the same function. Something else you have to recognize is that they use a different emulator for each console that they're emulating. If there were already Gameboy games on virtual console on the 3D that lacked this function then you would have a base for an argument about the possibility of it being removed for those games specifically.

We got really off track from the point I was trying to make.

so, I can copy an infinite amount of Mewtwo with my friend, sweet!!!!

Edited by NarnianKnight

so, I can copy an infinite amount of Mewtwo with my friend, sweet!!!!

Wow. I never thought about that until now. Now I kinda wonder if they'll put restore points in at all with a loophole like that. Wouldn't bother me, personally though.

On a side note you just reminded me of an awesome glitch in Pokémon Red and Blue (not sure about Yellow) where you can get a Mew (yes, #151 Mew) on the routes to Bill's house early on in the game. There are a couple other methods at other points but I'll just let you see for yourselves: http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Red_and_Blue/Mew_glitch

You might know it already but meh, I felt like sharing it anyway.

Wow. I never thought about that until now. Now I kinda wonder if they'll put restore points in at all with a loophole like that. Wouldn't bother me, personally though.

On a side note you just reminded me of an awesome glitch in Pokémon Red and Blue (not sure about Yellow) where you can get a Mew (yes, #151 Mew) on the routes to Bill's house early on in the game. There are a couple other methods at other points but I'll just let you see for yourselves: http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Red_and_Blue/Mew_glitch

You might know it already but meh, I felt like sharing it anyway.

I tried, the glitch is not in yellow, but I'm sure nintendo is either keeping the glitch, or doing Mew distributions at gamestop

I tried, the glitch is not in yellow, but I'm sure nintendo is either keeping the glitch, or doing Mew distributions at gamestop

It's a cool little exploit. I do hope they keep it.

I highly doubt they'll do any distributions of rare Pokemon for the rerelease. They probably will keep the game as is and not patch any glitches.

I highly doubt they'll do any distributions of rare Pokemon for the rerelease. They probably will keep the game as is and not patch any glitches.

they will probably add a failsafe that prevents the system from crashing though

they will probably add a failsafe that prevents the system from crashing though

if a virtual console game crashes it wont crash the 3DS itself. It will probably have an error message then restart the game

if a virtual console game crashes it wont crash the 3DS itself. It will probably have an error message then restart the game

G/SC had error messages, R/B/Y did not, they will probably allow you to reset via restore point or restart the game even if the game crashes.  If not, you could always redownload the game.

G/SC had error messages, R/B/Y did not, they will probably allow you to reset via restore point or restart the game even if the game crashes.  If not, you could always redownload the game.

it has nothing to do with the games themselves giving the error message. It would be the emulator on the 3DS that gives any error messages about crashing

it has nothing to do with the games themselves giving the error message. It would be the emulator on the 3DS that gives any error messages about crashing

they would need a system update for that, since they usually remove potentially fatal glitches that have nothing to do with actual gameplay, along with a few translation error edits in Super Mario 64, and Jynx's Sprite in Pokemon Snap.  The DragonWarrior games in the NES VC actually use the Gameboy color translation.

Edited by NarnianKnight