Christian Furs - Christian Furry Community
Sign in to follow this  
Flechmen

Heartbleed Vulnerability!

There has been a huge security hole discovered, and it's being said that it's the biggest security hole ever on the internet.

In a nutshell, an attacker can get your usernames, passwords, etc. very easilly from various websites.

You can read more about it here: http://heartbleed.com/

Amazon, Google, Facebook, etc. will probably post large banners and send you emails telling you to change your passwords when they fix their stuff. Keep an eye out for these!

CF and associated sites and services are not vulnerable. We are using the most up to date release of OpenSSL and GNUTLS.

You can see if your favorite websites are vulnerable here: https://lastpass.com/heartbleed/

Please keep an eye on your financual records and change your passwords when you're given the OK to do so.

If you run a Mac or Linux computer, make sure you have all of your updates installed. (Windows uses Microsoft's implementation of SSL, which is in no way related to OpenSSL.)

Stay safe guys!

Appreciate the heads up Adair, (although I actually don't believe this vuln. exists , as I haven't seen hard evidence as yet, how can we independently verify that it does actually exist?) I've actually heard that this exploit is over 3 years old, I wonder at why it took them so long to bother trying to repair it? o.0

Appreciate the heads up Adair, (although I actually don't believe this vuln. exists , as I haven't seen hard evidence as yet, how can we independently verify that it does actually exist?) I've actually heard that this exploit is over 3 years old, I wonder at why it took them so long to bother trying to repair it? o.0

OpenSSL and 3rd party security firms have been tracking down where the bug is, how to fix it, and so on.

Sign in to follow this