i got bored so i retried making the part where the game reads data that looks like this "ab500cd10" (thats short for 1 a block, 500 b blocks, 1 c block, and 10 d blocks) and it works really good. the 3ds browser took about 1 second to understand that, if the word has about 250,000 blocks. which is good, becuz it only reads that data when you go too far in 1 direction, just like minecraft, and needs to render more stuff. meaning that 1 second of lagging happens every 10 seconds maybe. and only if your actually moving.
but the real problem should be, when you get that data out, then do something like place or remove a block, then try to put that data back in properly. im going to try that now and see what happens. if i dont ever reply back here, it must not have worked. it wont be easy anyway though, i dont even remember how i got the x and y coordinates for each block.
okay so i sort of have a code that took me all day to make (when shorten, its only about 300 characters long (so it took me long and hard hours just to pretty much make a little paragraph that is shorter then this one im writing T-T)). the thing pretty much changes the usable data taken out from something like "a500b20c10" and puts it back in when something changes, something like this "a249ga250b20c10" (if g was added in between a). the 3ds browser takes about 15 seconds to do this though, which is bad (but its when its rendering, so it happens when you go too far in a direction, and not always). but i believe i can make it faster though, since it loops through the entire 250,000 so called blocks, even if it already changed what it needed to change. theres also another thing that i know why it makes it lag, but i cant think of a way to explain it in english.
and thats, if any of this makes sense to anyone.
Edited by Hybrilynx, 23 July 2013 - 06:04 AM.