Christian Furs - Christian Furry Community
Sign in to follow this  
Flechmen

Possible Closure

Looking at this and listening to the comments that I'm hearing from my family and some of the people around me, I'm wondering if what we are doing here is God's will.

I've had kinda mixed feelings about this, and I don't really want to act upon it until we're absolutely sure.

Right now, I don't see us working a whole lot to advance the Kingdom of God. We have great fellowship and we pray for each other but that's really it. It seems like we're a group of furries who happen to be Christian.

What I want to see changed, is I want to see more Christian oriented stuff going on. Bible studies, prayer groups, things like that. I wouls especially like to see more outreach and more of an effort to spread the Word. We have the resources for this stuff that has been provided. IRC and TeamSpeak, along with services like Skype. IRC and TeamSpeak are dedicated strictly to us though for His purposes.

I would also like to see more of an involvement with parents. I've noticed (and my parents called me out on this) that a lot of people here dart around in the shadows because of furry stuff. I mean, its a liking for a style of art, what's really to hide? I guess what I've seen is the combination of Christianity and furry can bring people easily into the arms of God (the furry fandom is one of the most accepting groups I've ever seen) but it can also let people kinda slide into the darker aspects of the fandom. We've lost one member to that and may be loosing another.

Mayhaps a parents (or over 30) prayer group/study would be a good thing. CF should be something you can show your folks and not worry about getting thrown off.

I guess what I want to see is us becoming a group of Christians who happen to be furry.

Now, why we would possibly close is that Wolfin and I are kinda on the fence about this being God's will for our lives. I'm the founder and Wolfin pays the bills. CF would kinda cease to exist without us :s

I believe we can change things around and make it work for the better, and better advance God's kingdom throughout the unique crowd that we dip into.

As far as I know, the server is paid up to November 17. Lets set that as our goal to get things re-evaluated and reorganized so we can walk in God's will for us. If His will is to go down, then down we go. I really don't know at this point. I've heard arguments going both ways.

I do think we all need to take a moment to regain a bit of sanity and look at how things can be changed for the better.

In a nutshell:

What is good (and should be kept):

• The unity of a common interest (furry)
  • The welcomeness of a nonchalant/casual group
What should be improved:

• Focus on God
  • Church-like activities
  • Outreach
  • Unity of family (your parents are welcome too)

What we need:

• Leaders
  • Possibly server space :s
  • Suggestions for what to change on the forums themselves

I would also like to encourage you to discuss and read the devotionals and passages that are posted each day. I think that would be a good start.