• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#21 TheLittleOne

TheLittleOne

• Obervers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1087 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:01 PM

All you people out there who build your own fursuits with your own time and money, you have my respect. This looks like it takes a lot of hard work and passion.

#22 Sakiki

Sakiki

I am cute and Fluffy

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1340 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:18 PM

I love those eyes by the way!

[color=rgb(128,0,128);][font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"]We are remembered by the tracks we leave behind.[/color][/font]

#23 She-King

She-King

The Queen of Kings

• Posted
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:15 AM

All you people out there who build your own fursuits with your own time and money, you have my respect. This looks like it takes a lot of hard work and passion.

Thanks, and it's not an easy task. A lot of your ego getting punched, wrestled with, knocked down, tied up, taken for a ride, a lot of learning curves, ego boosts, happy times, sad times, OHHH SHOOOOT! Times, lol. It is fun, nonetheless and thanks for the respect. Even those who don't have the time or money, but love the art anyways and desire to do something serious with that love one day have my respect just as severely. 8) 

I love those eyes by the way!

Thanks Sakiki! Hopefully, once circumstances get equalized where I live, I can do something more serious with this since I have a knack for it. I might start taking commissions. 

Turned out great! How'd you make the eyes anyway?

I made the eyes with plastic Mesh! Just drew the eye out on a piece of paper, cut it out, traced it onto the mesh and cut it out, then flipped it over facing the other way and cut it out again and there you have it, eyes. I painted the eyes after that with acrylic paint going off the eye that I originally drew on the paper for reference. Thanks very much. They must be really good cause I keep getting the "Wow! Great eyes!" Effect, lol. I just whipped them out and got them done in a flash, lol! The vision through them, despite there small size is all right for straight ahead. You just have to remember to look down and all about to make sure you don't snag a shin on something. I actually did that for the first time since I had made the head today. I felt dumb. I almost had a record of no injuries going, even though I knew the house I had been staying in for the past few months all ready. It CAN happen! XD
Jesus is King of Kings and Lord of Lords!

#24 DasPurpleSegway

DasPurpleSegway

Do a Barrel Roll!

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:31 AM

Where does one procure plastic mesh?
------------------------------------------------------

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." -Anatole Silver :cool:

#25 JuliaWolf

JuliaWolf

Canis Lupus Chanco

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2430 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:58 PM

Where does one procure plastic mesh?

You can find it at a local craft store usually or anywhere that would sell sewing stuff. When I used to get mine it came in sheets.
Run Wolf Warrior, to ends eternal...

#26 DasPurpleSegway

DasPurpleSegway

Do a Barrel Roll!

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:17 AM

Noted.

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." -Anatole Silver :cool:

#27 She-King

She-King

The Queen of Kings

• Posted
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:12 PM

TOMMY HAS A TAIL NOW!

#28 Fahn

Fahn

pls

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1666 posts
  • Species:Whitetail Deer
  • LocationFlorida, US

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:39 PM

@1:54

I would suggest maybe some floofier faux-fur, but that's just me. The suit looks great, can't wait to see it finished.

#29 JuliaWolf

JuliaWolf

Canis Lupus Chanco

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2430 posts

Posted 01 May 2012 - 08:37 PM

Aww, I think you look neat and unique! ^_^ I love how everything came out.

#30 She-King

She-King

The Queen of Kings

• Posted
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:29 PM

I would suggest maybe some floofier faux-fur, but that's just me. The suit looks great, can't wait to see it finished.

You know, I think I'm getting disatisfied where i shouldn't be so, you're right, it looks ALL RIGHT and I'm going to just be happy with it. The tail I really want I won't be able to get until I make the full suit one day, MUAHAH! And it will be a MONSTER tail! I like BIG floof. BIIIG BUTT FLUFF! So yeah, I'll have this for the partial for now 8).

#31 Fahn

Fahn

pls

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1666 posts
  • Species:Whitetail Deer
  • LocationFlorida, US

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:30 PM

You know, I think I'm getting disatisfied where i shouldn't be so, you're right, it looks ALL RIGHT and I'm going to just be happy with it. The tail I really want I won't be able to get until I make the full suit one day, MUAHAH! And it will be a MONSTER tail! I like BIG floof. BIIIG BUTT FLUFF! So yeah, I'll have this for the partial for now 8).

WOOOO!! 8O

#32 She-King

She-King

The Queen of Kings

• Posted
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 01 May 2012 - 10:55 PM

Aww, I think you look neat and unique! ^_^ I love how everything came out.

I've decided I'm over reacting so I'll be happy with the tail the way it is. I got some rather unprofessional, pure criticism on FA so I was kinda dissatisfied after that, but only for the sake of proving those two individuals I could make it look like what they thought it should be and I could do it WELL. But this suit hasn't even seen her debut yet and I all ready want to make a 2.0. I'm just so excited and on fire to prove I can do this! LOL.

#33 SpaceFox

SpaceFox

Growing Christian

• Christians†
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Species:Fox of Space
  • LocationStill Abroad

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:46 PM

SK, really love the way it is turning out so far! Do you plan on talking while in character? If not, just make sure your spotter (handler) who helps you around knows your story and can answer all the questions about your suit-
I.E.
Non-Suiter: "Wow, what a nice kangaroo costume!"
Spotter: "No, she's a bush baby" (insert explanation with funny connotations)
You: Shakes head, looks embarrassed.
World: All better... tada!
-If you think Chirstian music is good now, just wait 'til the concert in the New Jerusalem... get your tickets now by accepting Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior! -

#34 She-King

She-King

The Queen of Kings

• Posted
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:08 PM

SK, really love the way it is turning out so far! Do you plan on talking while in character? If not, just make sure your spotter (handler) who helps you around knows your story and can answer all the questions about your suit-
I.E.
Non-Suiter: "Wow, what a nice kangaroo costume!"
Spotter: "No, she's a bush baby" (insert explanation with funny connotations)
You: Shakes head, looks embarrassed.
World: All better... tada!

You're so right! XD lol. My friend, a lizard will be there to direct people in the right direction with what I am. Who would have thought, a lizard knew more than a mere human did about species? Isn't that a little weird? Lol.

Here is Tomedoe in her Pirate costume she's supposed to be in. I still need to add some things to complete the look!

#35 SpaceFox

SpaceFox

Growing Christian

• Christians†
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Species:Fox of Space
  • LocationStill Abroad

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:09 AM

The video is a great showcase of the partial- and sometimes the partials work MUCH better than fulls- way cooler.

As for the wrinkles- use elastic waist band material to "pull" the material tighter -or- small 1 inch sections of velcro in the shirt and underside of the faux fur material to attach it. The weight of the shirt or other fabric below with keep the wrinkles out. But note* if you use the velcro it can be itchy to use the shirt without the headgear, etc.

Feel free to flip through some of my photos on Deviant Art where I was building my costume of SpaceFox- some good shots in there about velcro use and I think the elastic band material too.

http://spacefox21.de...allery/28440667
-If you think Chirstian music is good now, just wait 'til the concert in the New Jerusalem... get your tickets now by accepting Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior! -

#36 JuliaWolf

JuliaWolf

Canis Lupus Chanco

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2430 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:19 AM

Awww, I love your pirate outfit! And no worries I understand what it's like to be called different species. I used to have an older suit of a blue wolf and everybody on my street kept calling it different stuff like a wallaby or even a Chinese new-year dragon. x__X LOL
Your suit is awesome and I likes it. ^_^

#37 DasPurpleSegway

DasPurpleSegway

Do a Barrel Roll!

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:12 PM

Oh see there's an idea, some sort of Oriental looking costume. Then you can troll people by explaining that it actually ISN'T a dragon!

#38 She-King

She-King

The Queen of Kings

• Posted
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:49 PM

Whew, it's been a while since i posted Here! You remember Tomedoe, don't you? Well, she's pretty much done, besides going back and reinforcing my original accessories for her! Come check her out! This video isn't the full attire, but this is my basic look I will have for Renaissance festival this year! I can't wait! I'm not wearing my hand gloves because shooting this would have resulted in a near heat stroke! Lol! I will be wearing them at rens fest, though.

Posted Image

#39 TheLittleOne

TheLittleOne

• Obervers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1087 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:03 PM

WOW!!!! Your fursuit is really coming together, girl!

#40 She-King

She-King

The Queen of Kings

• Posted
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 22 August 2012 - 10:05 PM

WOW!!!! Your fursuit is really coming together, girl!

Tank yousa! Yes, she is. I keep leaving stuff out of my vids so I need to just get my stuff together and wear the fullsuit with everything on so people know what's to be expected or take a picture. :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users