7 replies to this topic

#1 MattCoyote

MattCoyote

Advanced Member

• Christians†
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 01:36 AM

This is my first female character that I have drawn, actually one of the first altogether.

Attached Files

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou [art] with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalms 23:4

#2 Fahn

Fahn

pls

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1666 posts
  • Species:Whitetail Deer
  • LocationFlorida, US

Posted 18 October 2011 - 02:15 AM

Hehehe, reminds me a lot of some of my first anthro drawings ^_____^

I think if you made the hair longer, it would give more of an impression of being female. That's just my opinion, of course.

#3 MattCoyote

MattCoyote

Advanced Member

• Christians†
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 11:21 PM

Fahn, I lengthened the hair like you said and added color using GIMP. What do you think?

Attached Files

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou [art] with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalms 23:4

#4 riddle kat

riddle kat

that pixel

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 11:55 PM

add textures
riddle kat

#5 Alric Evelyn Wilmot

Alric Evelyn Wilmot

Apologetics Enthusiast

• Christians†
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:17 AM

Well, it is far from awful, but it could use some improvement. Tell me, do you start out with the basic shapes? A circle for the head, and such? I think you might benefit from planning out the drawing more. I have included a helpful tutorial, as I think you may benefit from it as I did.
http://sadpanda.us/i...041-LINYGBD.jpg
Going to church no more makes you a Christian than standing in a garage makes you a car. That being said, a car that refuses to go to the garage will soon find itself breaking down without a means of repair.

#6 MattCoyote

MattCoyote

Advanced Member

• Christians†
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 10:12 PM

Well, it is far from awful, but it could use some improvement. Tell me, do you start out with the basic shapes? A circle for the head, and such? I think you might benefit from planning out the drawing more. I have included a helpful tutorial, as I think you may benefit from it as I did.
http://sadpanda.us/i...041-LINYGBD.jpg

Well I did start with a circle, but your right, I didn't really plan out the drawing. Thank you for the link, the tutorial looks like it will definitely be helpful.

#7 Foxx

Foxx

Aww Yeah

• Christians†
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 12:00 AM

Not bad, practice is the best means of improving your art.
:D Smilie if you're PAWESOME! :D Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for thou art with me.

#8 Fahn

Fahn

pls

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1666 posts
  • Species:Whitetail Deer
  • LocationFlorida, US

Posted 14 December 2011 - 12:19 AM

Fahn, I lengthened the hair like you said and added color using GIMP. What do you think?

A great improvement! It's a lot easier to tell it's female and the color makes it look 10X better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users