8 replies to this topic

#1 MattCoyote

MattCoyote

Advanced Member

• Christians†
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 12:40 AM

I received a Wacom Pen & Touch Bamboo for my birthday and I am still figuring out how to use it. Does anyone have any tips?
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou [art] with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalms 23:4

#2 Apollo

Apollo

• Christians†
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Species:Folf
  • LocationNaples, Florida, USA

Posted 26 September 2011 - 02:42 AM

I received a Wacom Pen & Touch Bamboo for my birthday and I am still figuring out how to use it. Does anyone have any tips?

Not sure what type I have (just because I'm dumb), but I also have some type of Bamboo. The best thing I could tell you to do is just open a drawing program MS Paint, or I use GIMP, and just start to draw and mess around. That's all I did. Soon you will get a feel for it, :) then it becomes just like drawing on paper. :P

#3 Carson Coyote

Carson Coyote

Canis latrans familiaris

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1075 posts
  • Species:Coyosky (Coyote/Husky Mix)
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 26 September 2011 - 04:52 AM

When I first got my tablet, I messed around with the handwriting recognition stuff in Windows 7. Writing all of the things on there helped me to get used to using a tablet.

#4 MattCoyote

MattCoyote

Advanced Member

• Christians†
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:27 AM

Thanks guys Ill try that.I don't have windows seven so I cant do the handwriting recognition though.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou [art] with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalms 23:4

#5 Fahn

Fahn

pls

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1666 posts
  • Species:Whitetail Deer
  • LocationFlorida, US

Posted 26 September 2011 - 12:49 PM

Download GIMP.

It has a lot of features that only work if you have a tablet, so it's a good way to get used to how it works.

If you have any questions PM me.

#6 Guest_Wolfin_*

Guest_Wolfin_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 September 2011 - 12:57 PM

No one mentioned paint.net yet? o.o

http://getpaint.net

SAI paint tool is probably the best for tablets I've used tho, but, sadly isn't free :
https://www.systemax.jp/en/sai/ / http://sai.detstwo.com/sai/

#7 HuskyDog

HuskyDog

Woof!

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 01:26 PM

My Wacom Bamboo Pen tablet came with Corel Painter Essentials 4. It's a really useful program and is how I got used to drawing with a tablet. I would recommend trying that out, if yours came with it as well.
Pamiiruq 'Husky Dog' Sorrell

Check out my music page! Soundcloud
My intro thread

#8 riddle kat

riddle kat

that pixel

• Christians†
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1218 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 09:21 PM

ok here's the thing: it's best you mess around with all the main tools we reccomnd first and pick which one works the best! Or if your's came with a product use it just like husky said :P
riddle kat

#9 MattCoyote

MattCoyote

Advanced Member

• Christians†
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 10:46 PM

I just downloaded GIMP, It seems really interesting. Instead of Corel Painter my tablet came with Photoshop Elements. I already have something called CoreFx It's pretty basic so GIMP seems like its gonna be helpful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users