Christian Furs - Christian Furry Community
Sign in to follow this  
Post-o-Matic 3.16

Daily Light for March 1

Morning

But the fruit of the Spirit is love.

God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him.—God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.—So the honor is for you who believe.—We love because he first loved us.—For the love of Christ controls us, because we have concluded this: that one has died for all, therefore all have died; and he died for all, that those who live might no longer live for themselves but for him who for their sake died and was raised.

You yourselves have been taught by God to love one another.—“This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.”—Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins.—And walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.

Gal. 5:22; 1 John 4:16; Rom. 5:5; 1 Pet. 2:7; 1 John 4:19; 2 Cor. 5:14, 15; 1 Thess. 4:9; John 15:12; 1 Pet. 4:8; Eph. 5:2 (Read full verses...)

Evening

The LORD is my banner.

If God is for us, who can be against us?—The LORD is on my side; I will not fear. What can man do to me?

You have set up a banner for those who fear you.

The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? . . . Though an army encamp against me, my heart shall not fear; though war arise against me, yet I will be confident.

“Behold, God is with us at our head.”—The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress.

“They will make war on the Lamb, and the Lamb will conquer them.”

Why do the nations rage and the peoples plot in vain? . . . He who sits in the heavens laughs; the Lord holds them in derision.—Take counsel together, but it will come to nothing; speak a word, but it will not stand, for God is with us.

Ex. 17:15; Rom. 8:31; Ps. 118:6; Ps. 60:4; Ps. 27:1, 3; 2 Chron. 13:12; Ps. 46:7; Rev. 17:14; Ps. 2:1, 4; Isa. 8:10 (Read full verses...)

<< Feb 28 | Mar 1 | Mar 2 >>

Excerpted from Daily

Light on the Daily Path ©2002 Crossway Books, a publishing ministry of Good

News Publishers.

Posted on Sun, 01 Mar 2009 00:01:00 -0800 at http://www.gnpcb.org/esv/devotions/daily.light/

Sign in to follow this