Christian Furs - Christian Furry Community
Sign in to follow this  
Post-o-Matic 3.16

Daily Light for February 10

Morning

“Your eye is the lamp of your body. When your eye is healthy, your whole body is full of light.”

The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned.—Open my eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of your law.

“I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”—And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image. . . . For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit.—For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

The God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory . . . give you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of him . . . that you may know what is the hope to which he has called you, what are the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints.

Luke 11:34; 1 Cor. 2:14; Ps. 119:18; John 8:12; 2 Cor. 3:18; 2 Cor. 4:6; Eph. 1:17, 18 (Read full verses...)

Evening

“He struck the rock so that water gushed out and streams overflowed.”

Our fathers were all under the cloud, and all passed through the sea, and all were baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea, and all ate the same spiritual food, and all drank the same spiritual drink. For they drank from the spiritual Rock that followed them, and the Rock was Christ.—But one of the soldiers pierced his side with a spear, and at once there came out blood and water.—But he was wounded for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his stripes we are healed.

“Yet you refuse to come to me that you may have life.”—“For my people have committed two evils: they have forsaken me, the fountain of living waters, and hewed out cisterns for themselves, broken cisterns that can hold no water.”—“If anyone thirsts, let him come to me and drink.”—Let the one who desires take the water of life without price.

Ps. 78:20; 1 Cor. 10:1-4; John 19:34; Isa. 53:5; John 5:40; Jer. 2:13; John 7:37; Rev. 22:17 (Read full verses...)

<< Feb 9 | Feb 10 | Feb 11 >>

Excerpted from Daily

Light on the Daily Path ©2002 Crossway Books, a publishing ministry of Good

News Publishers.

Posted on Tue, 10 Feb 2009 00:01:00 -0800 at http://www.gnpcb.org/esv/devotions/daily.light/

Sign in to follow this