Christian Furs - Christian Furry Community
Sign in to follow this  
Post-o-Matic 3.16

Daily Light for January 27

Morning

You know that he appeared to take away sins, and in him there is no sin.

But in these last days [God] has spoken to us by his Son. . . . He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the universe by the word of his power. After making purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high.—For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.—Conduct yourselves with fear throughout the time of your exile, knowing that you were ransomed from the futile ways inherited from your forefathers, not with perishable things such as silver or gold, but with the precious blood of Christ, like that of a lamb without blemish or spot. He was foreknown before the foundation of the world but was made manifest in the last times for your sake.—For the love of Christ controls us, because we have concluded this: that one has died for all, therefore all have died; and he died for all, that those who live might no longer live for themselves but for him who for their sake died and was raised.

1 John 3:5; Heb. 1:1-3; 2 Cor. 5:21; 1 Pet. 1:17-20; 2 Cor. 5:14, 15 (Read full verses...)

Evening

“I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life.”

“‘For I have no pleasure in the death of anyone,’ declares the Lord GOD; ‘so turn, and live’.” “If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not have been guilty of sin, but now they have no excuse for their sin.”—“And that servant who knew his master's will but did not get ready or act according to his will, will receive a severe beating.”

For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.—Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him.—Do you not know that if you present yourselves to anyone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin, which leads to death, or of obedience, which leads to righteousness?—“If anyone serves me, he must follow me; and where I am, there will my servant be also. If anyone serves me, the Father will honor him.”

Deut. 30:19; Ezek. 18:32; John 15:22; Luke 12:47; Rom. 6:23; John 3:36; Rom. 6:16; John 12:26 (Read full verses...)

<< Jan 26 | Jan 27 | Jan 28 >>

Excerpted from Daily

Light on the Daily Path ©2002 Crossway Books, a publishing ministry of Good

News Publishers.

Posted on Tue, 27 Jan 2009 00:01:00 -0800 at http://www.gnpcb.org/esv/devotions/daily.light/

Sign in to follow this