Christian Furs - Christian Furry Community
Sign in to follow this  
Post-o-Matic 3.16

Daily Light for January 24

Morning

The Lord is at hand.

For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord. Therefore encourage one another with these words.—He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming soon.” Amen. Come, Lord Jesus!

Therefore, beloved, since you are waiting for these, be diligent to be found by him without spot or blemish, and at peace.—Abstain from every form of evil. Now may the God of peace himself sanctify you completely, and may your whole spirit and soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. He who calls you is faithful; he will surely do it.

You also, be patient. Establish your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is at hand.

Phil. 4:5; 1 Thess. 4:16-18; Rev. 22:20; 2 Pet. 3:14; 1 Thess. 5:22-24; Jas. 5:8 (Read full verses...)

Evening

“The choice vine.”

Let me sing for my beloved my love song concerning his vineyard: My beloved had a vineyard on a very fertile hill. He dug it and cleared it of stones, and planted it with choice vines; . . . and he looked for it to yield grapes, but it yielded wild grapes.—“Yet I planted you a choice vine, wholly of pure seed. How then have you turned degenerate and become a wild vine?”

Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality . . . envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control.

“I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser. Every branch of mine that does not bear fruit he takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit he prunes, that it may bear more fruit. . . . Abide in me, and I in you. . . . By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit and so prove to be my disciples.”

Gen. 49:11; Isa. 5:1, 2; Jer. 2:21; Gal. 5:19, 21-23; John 15:1, 2, 4, 8 (Read full verses...)

<< Jan 23 | Jan 24 | Jan 25 >>

Excerpted from Daily

Light on the Daily Path ©2002 Crossway Books, a publishing ministry of Good

News Publishers.

Posted on Sat, 24 Jan 2009 00:01:00 -0800 at http://www.gnpcb.org/esv/devotions/daily.light/

Sign in to follow this