Christian Furs - Christian Furry Community
Sign in to follow this  
Post-o-Matic 3.16

Daily Light for January 12

Morning

The only [KJV: wise] God, our Savior.

Christ Jesus, whom God made our wisdom and our righteousness and sanctification and redemption.—“Can you find out the deep things of God? Can you find out the limit of the Almighty? It is higher than heaven—what can you do? Deeper than Sheol—what can you know?”

But we impart a secret and hidden wisdom of God, which God decreed before the ages for our glory.—The plan of the mystery hidden for ages in God who created all things, so that through the church the manifold wisdom of God might now be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly places.

If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.—But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, open to reason, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial and sincere.

Jude 25; 1 Cor. 1:30; Job 11:7, 8; 1 Cor. 2:7; Eph. 3:9, 10; Jas. 1:5; Jas. 3:17 (Read full verses...)

Evening

“‘When shall I arise?’ But the night is long.”

“Watchman, what time of the night?” . . . The watchman says: “Morning comes.”

Yet a little while, and the coming one will come and will not delay.—“He dawns on them like the morning light, like the sun shining forth on a cloudless morning.”

“In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also. . . . Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. You heard me say to you, ‘I am going away, and I will come to you.’”

“So may all your enemies perish, O LORD! But your friends be like the sun as he rises in his might.”—For you are all children of light, children of the day. We are not of the night or of the darkness.

And there will be no night there.

Job 7:4; Isa. 21:11, 12; Heb. 10:37; 2 Sam. 23:4; John 14:2, 3, 27, 28; Judg. 5:31; 1 Thess. 5:5; Rev. 21:25 (Read full verses...)

<< Jan 11 | Jan 12 | Jan 13 >>

Excerpted from Daily

Light on the Daily Path ©2002 Crossway Books, a publishing ministry of Good

News Publishers.

Posted on Mon, 12 Jan 2009 00:01:00 -0800 at http://www.gnpcb.org/esv/devotions/daily.light/

Sign in to follow this