Christian Furs - Christian Furry Community
Sign in to follow this  
Post-o-Matic 3.16

Daily Light for January 9

Morning

You have set up a banner for those who fear you, that they may flee to it from the bow.

The LORD is my banner.—For he [the enemy] will come like a rushing stream, which the wind of the LORD drives.

May we shout for joy over your salvation, and in the name of our God set up our banners!—“The LORD has brought about our vindication; come, let us declare in Zion the work of the LORD our God.”—We are more than conquerors through him who loved us.—But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.—The founder of their salvation.

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might.—Falsehood and not truth has grown strong in the land.—“Fight the LORD's battles.”—“Be strong, all you people of the land, declares the LORD. Work. . . . Fear not.”—“Lift up your eyes, and see that the fields are white for harvest.”—“Yet a little while, and the coming one will come and will not delay.”

Ps. 60:4; Ex. 17:15; Isa. 59:19; Ps. 20:5; Jer. 51:10; Rom. 8:37; 1 Cor. 15:57; Heb. 2:10; Eph. 6:10; Jer. 9:3; 1 Sam. 18:17; Hag. 2:4, 5; John 4:35; Heb. 10:37 (Read full verses...)

Evening

“But one thing is necessary.”

There are many who say, “Who will show us some good? Lift up the light of your face upon us, O LORD!” You have put more joy in my heart than they have when their grain and wine abound.

As a deer pants for flowing streams, so pants my soul for you, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.—O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you; my flesh faints for you, as in a dry and weary land where there is no water.

Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst.” They said to him, “Sir, give us this bread always.”—Mary . . . sat at the Lord's feet and listened to his teaching.—One thing have I asked of the LORD, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to inquire in his temple.

Luke 10:42; Ps. 4:6, 7; Ps. 42:1, 2; Ps. 63:1; John 6:35, 34; Luke 10:39; Ps. 27:4 (Read full verses...)

<< Jan 8 | Jan 9 | Jan 10 >>

Excerpted from Daily

Light on the Daily Path ©2002 Crossway Books, a publishing ministry of Good

News Publishers.

Posted on Fri, 09 Jan 2009 00:01:00 -0800 at http://www.gnpcb.org/esv/devotions/daily.light/

Sign in to follow this