Christian Furs - Christian Furry Community
Sign in to follow this  
Post-o-Matic 3.16

Daily Light for January 8

Morning

And those who know your name put their trust in you, for you, O LORD, have not forsaken those who seek you.

The name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous man runs into it and is safe.—“I will trust, and will not be afraid; for the LORD GOD is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation.”

I have been young, and now am old, yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken or his children begging for bread.—For the LORD loves justice; he will not forsake his saints. They are preserved forever, but the children of the wicked shall be cut off.—“For the LORD will not forsake his people, for his great name's sake, because it has pleased the LORD to make you a people for himself.”—He delivered us from such a deadly peril, and he will deliver us. On him we have set our hope that he will deliver us again.

And be content with what you have, for he has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” So we can confidently say, “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear; what can man do to me?”

Ps. 9:10; Prov. 18:10; Isa. 12:2; Ps. 37:25; Ps. 37:28; 1 Sam. 12:22; 2 Cor. 1:10; Heb. 13:5, 6 (Read full verses...)

Evening

And in their mouth no lie was found, for they are blameless.

“In those days and in that time, declares the LORD, iniquity shall be sought in Israel, and there shall be none. And sin in Judah, and none shall be found, for I will pardon those whom I leave as a remnant.”—Who is a God like you, pardoning iniquity and passing over transgression for the remnant of his inheritance? He does not retain his anger forever, because he delights in steadfast love. He will again have compassion on us; he will tread our iniquities under foot. You will cast all our sins into the depths of the sea.

He has blessed us in the Beloved.—In order to present you holy and blameless and above reproach before him.

Now to him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you blameless before the presence of his glory with great joy, to the only God, our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion, and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen.

Rev. 14:5; Jer. 50:20; Mic. 7:18, 19; Eph. 1:6; Col. 1:22; Jude 24, 25 (Read full verses...)

<< Jan 7 | Jan 8 | Jan 9 >>

Excerpted from Daily

Light on the Daily Path ©2002 Crossway Books, a publishing ministry of Good

News Publishers.

Posted on Thu, 08 Jan 2009 00:01:00 -0800 at http://www.gnpcb.org/esv/devotions/daily.light/

Sign in to follow this