Christian Furs - Christian Furry Community
Post-o-Matic 3.16

Daily Light for December 30

Morning

Guiltless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

And you, who once were alienated and hostile in mind, doing evil deeds, he has now reconciled in his body of flesh by his death, in order to present you holy and blameless and above reproach before him, if indeed you continue in the faith, stable and steadfast, not shifting from the hope of the gospel.—That you may be blameless and innocent, children of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and twisted generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world.

Therefore, beloved, since you are waiting for these, be diligent to be found by him without spot or blemish, and at peace.—Pure and blameless for the day of Christ.

Now to him who is able to keep you from stumbling and to present you blameless before the presence of his glory with great joy, to the only God, our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion, and authority, before all time and now and forever.

1 Cor. 1:8; Col. 1:21-23; Phil. 2:15; 2 Pet. 3:14; Phil. 1:10; Jude 24, 25 (Read full verses...)

Evening

“He will guard the feet of his faithful ones.”

If we say we have fellowship with him while we walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin.—“The one who has bathed does not need to wash, except for his feet, but is completely clean.”

I have taught you the way of wisdom; I have led you in the paths of uprightness. When you walk, your step will not be hampered, and if you run, you will not stumble. . . . Do not enter the path of the wicked, and do not walk in the way of the evil. Avoid it; do not go on it; turn away from it and pass on. . . . Let your eyes look directly forward, and your gaze be straight before you. Ponder the path of your feet; then all your ways will be sure. Do not swerve to the right or to the left; turn your foot away from evil.

The Lord will rescue me from every evil deed and bring me safely into his heavenly kingdom. To him be the glory forever and ever. Amen.

1 Sam. 2:9; 1 John 1:6, 7; John 13:10; Prov. 4:11, 12, 14, 15, 25-27; 2 Tim. 4:18 (Read full verses...)

<< Dec 29 | Dec 30 | Dec 31 >>

Excerpted from Daily

Light on the Daily Path ©2002 Crossway Books, a publishing ministry of Good

News Publishers.

Posted on Wed, 30 Dec 2009 00:01:00 -0800 at http://www.gnpcb.org/esv/devotions/daily.light/